Friday, February 1, 2013

Thanks for all the Support, Here are More Details!


First of all, thanks for everyone who wants to help me out! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
Now, lets talk details!!!

Role Play Personality Range:

Adeline is actually an important supporting character in my original project. Therefore, her personality needs to be within a reasonable range. Right now, she would normally have 2-3 choices when reacting to different situations.
Possible personalities for Adeline are (one of them cannot not be canon, guess witch. Keekeekeee):

1) No nonsense / independent and slightly cold
2) Anything in between
3) A bit of a whole / doesn't afraid to use her body to her advantage.

When facing unavoidable sexual situations (like being blackmailed), she could be:

1) Confident with her body and sometimes even put on a show
2) Shy and ashamed about what she have to do

I know that some people are suggesting she could enslave other people in side quests, or even raping others for her pleasure, but I am afraid I cannot cater to all demands >.<. Writing tree different personalities in most situations are already very demanding. I would also suggest player to do multiple playthroughs to try out different personalities / quest solutions (or else city exploration part of the game will be really short :P).

More about Graphics:

Due to the setting of the game, I decided to use only anime style of drawing and 3D pictures in cut scenes to keep a consistent feel of the game (not location though, where can you find a picture of old fence gate with a guard house at night time......=_=""). The main drawback of using hentai / fan art pictures is that they are either featuring the character in some pretty disgusting sexual situations or just holding a gun starting at you. There are really no middle grounds between them. So, when it comes to finding pictures for some mellow scenes (striptease / consensual sex scenes), it took me hours just to find one that can be photostoped into something useful. Therefore, it kind of forces me to write about a bit more extreme sexual situations in the game (rape / group rape / public play / light bondage), but it's not like I hate writing them =P. THANK GOD that there is no romance involve in this game! @______@ Or else Adeline can only date Jill Sandwich!

Girls Can't Write Bad Guy Dialog:

Adeline will be facing lots unpleasant situations during her quest to find her friend. Therefore, she frequently has to deal with bad guys. It is hard for me to come up with different personalities for these bad guys to keep the dialog varied and especially for sex scenes....... They can't all just say "Suck it! You slut!" all the time. =P I probably need help to write "bad guys dirty talk".

Progress of Demo:

Some people thought that I could finish the whole game before April, but I was actually talking about the demo which is about 30% of the game. I want to release a long demo because RAGS doesn't allow game save to be transferred between different versions of the same game. So, it will be no fun to force player to play the whole thing for just for 10 mins of updated content. That's why I plan to release just 4 versions of the game, 30% done / 50% done / 80% done / 100% done (City exploration with option stuff to do -> combat + puzzle solving -> City exploration with option stuff to do -> combat + puzzle solving).   

Planning – 70%
System coding – 80%
Story writing – 10%
Picture hunting – 90%
BS on the blog – still 100%!!!

I didn't do much in the last 48 hours, mostly just remaking the whole combat system to make it more flexible. The decision of adding normal human enemy (not in demo) (robbers / slavers / criminals who were locked up by Adeline and wants payback) forces me to rethink how I handle the combat system. Anyway.......enough rambling from me. Back to work! I started to feel like I am writing blogs to avoid writing codes. =P 


                                              (Roleplay by player choice, 3rd option WIP)
                                                                (I lock you in jail!!)
                                                        (only bad thing can happen here)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, not much updates from me. In case you don't know, I just wanted to say that the woman in screenshot one isn't Ada, it's actually Christine. Just saying in case you want to the character model to completely focus on Ada. But I do admit, they do look similar to one another. However Christine, code name "FOUR EYES", has the unique mask on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that. =D
      She is one of the reason why it take soooooo long to finish the combat system. I am using her as a technical exercise of having two main characters. That could be a very useful coding practice if I decided to have companions traveling together like in most other RPGs. Normally, that's handle by using the character functions in the coding, but I want to try something now.

      Delete
    2. That's a pretty cool idea, can't wait to actually try it out for myself =)

      Delete