Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday Randomness!

Progress update! 
For the last 2 (ish...and besides getting consumed by steam sales) weeks, I was mainly working on general improvements to the police station (dialogues, random scenes to make the world make more sense) and setting up events that leads to the VR visor. Speaking of which, during Adeline's adventure, she sometimes will come across computer programs for the visor. Once she installs it, she could load up a program and play it like we play a video game. The programs are just random mini game type of stuff that I want to add to the game, but they don't really fit into the story. It can also be some random stuff my co-writer and I wrote for fun. The VR visor gives us a great opportunity to just add random things to the game. I hope you guys find it fun as well. By the way, some of the programs for the VR visor will add bonuses to Adeline's stat if you manage to "beat" them. For example, a duck shooting mini game might give Adeline a better critical hit chance. A sword fight mini game might give Adeline bonus stats when she use a knife.

Poll and random stuff!
Last time's winner for what makes a great lunch is pan fried crispy skin salmon! If you like to have fun and do some cooking, here is a easy guide for making your own crispy skin salmon! Hot (non-stick) pan, dry salmon with paper towel, and even cut will ensure your success! =D


This week's poll!
If you are a hitman, how would you approach your target and finish the job?
1) Hide in the shadow and kill my target, and only my target!
2) LEEROY JENKINS! Go in all guns blazing!
3) Sneak up on people and choke everyone out, one by one, and put all of their bodies in a big pile!
4) Be polite, be efficient, one shot, one kill!
5) Hitman!? I will never be a hitman! I will never hurt a soul!!!

6 comments:

  1. There are three ways I play stealth games that allow me to kill.

    1. Be stealthy, but murder EVERYONE to avoid detection if I need to backtrack for whatever reason.

    2. #1 fails and I've been spotted = fuck it, everyone dies.

    3. If I'm not allowed to kill or it's too risky to kill, then I actually do it stealthy and leave everyone alive, but I usually move slow as a snail.

    I take it you're playing Deus Ex or Hitman: Absolution by your new poll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing Hitman recently, it kind of awakens my dark desire of knocking out everyone in the stage and put their unconscious body in a big pile. Just imagine the conversations they will have when they wake up eventually. XD

      Delete
  2. Any ideas on some more... saucy VR programs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything mini game can be saucy, if you put it in the right setting. ;)

      Delete
    2. Perhaps one of them can be a hacked version of one of the sword training programs? Where if you fail it, you have to play a scenario where you are the prize of the victor to do with as they please?

      And if you fail it too many times, your combat stats start to decrease as you start to fantasize about what will happen to you if you lose.

      Delete
  3. It depends on the contract, some hits are to make a statement, some need to look like an accident, some need to not be found ever again...

    ReplyDelete