Saturday, July 6, 2013

Season 2 Week 2 Update

Everything is done and the new update should be ready in a week! =D Naaa...that's just a lie. =P So far, most of the quests has been planned:

3 new quests around the Central and the Slum,
4 quests in a new area,
and 1 big main quest

Other than planning, my week is consumed by find background pictures that I like (or procrastinating) and beta testing Tales of the Drunken Cowboy. Mdqp's new version uses an updated beta RAGS which is not compatible with the old 2.4.0.0 RAGS. As a result, unless I force everyone to update to a new beta RAGS, I have to stop all my development so that it rags won't mess up my game. So.........let's all blame mdqp for the delay! XD

My plan is to finish up 1 quest per week, which means.....it will take me around 2-3 months to finish the new update. Once that's done, the game will be 60%-70% finished! =D

New reception area for the police station. I need to add this because of.....reasons!

6 comments:

  1. "Everything is done and the new update should be ready in a week!" OMG THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVAR!!!!!11!1!!111!

    "Naaa...that's just a lie." You...I...pure evil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely. I look forward to seeing what happens in the up coming quests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't want to be a liar, so I will assume I will be slow. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I can't believe I just discovered this... There are a lot of games out there (not as many as I would like in this area.. but still a lot). And out of all of them there are a few that stand out, and a few that Really stand out - Fenoxo's, Drunken Cowboy, Rough Landing, Lilith Device, Lethe, Blanked, a few more.. and yours is absolutely there! I am so excited to see where you take this project!

    (Oh, one aside in case you haven't already fixed this for this version, but in the chapter you had released it is possible to lose all your money on a bad gambling roll and then you can't gain more - you have to essentially try and attack the dealer. It may be more fun if you provide other ways of regaining the money that don't result in end-games. You spent a lot of time writing the scenarios for giving in to weakness, it would be a shame to have to play with such an eye for avoiding them / reloading before those choices)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment! I am really glad that you compare my game to Tales of the Drunken Cowboy cause that kind of the game style I am aiming for. =D

      As for the money in game, there will be quests where player can earn some extra money. However, you can still lost it all in gambling...so know your limit, play within it. ;) The reason why I don't let player grind money is because I want player to use their resources wisely. You can either use your money to buy combat resources, or you can use it as a shortcut for some of the quests. Letting player "grind" money will kind of throw everything out of balance. That said...if you really want some extra cash...cough...cheat engine...cough...cough...

      Delete