Sunday, March 17, 2013

Virtual Cigar and Champagne! Demo is here!!!


Instinct Program is a Rags game set in a fictional city in the future. The setting is heavily influenced by Deus Ex Human Revolution and Resident Evil.  The story revolves around a young female detective, Adeline Shimizu, who is trying find out what happened to her missing colleague. The main storyline focus on MC theme, while optional scenes deals with other sexual themes. 

This is my first attempt to make a game. I have thank mdqp for making Tales of the Drunken Cowboy which inspired me to make my own little Rags game. However, I have never written anything creative before and English is not my first language, so please keep that in mind when you want to bash me about grammar. =]

Link to the current version (0.30b - the Demo)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynxuam3xamxwx1r

Link to the Rags download page (you need to run the game with Rags Suite 2.4.0.0)
http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx

General Tips:
  • You need the latest version of Rags (2.4.0.0) to run the game. You can find it here: http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx
  • If you are new to Rags and you are stuck, remember to right click everything. Some of you might not know that you can right click the room display picture on top of the compass.
  • Since the game is in beta, save often! There are many choices in the game as well, a lot of them leads to different scenes and could totally change the path of some quest / event / encounters.
  • Mental Health at this point is not that important since there is very little combat. So, do whatever you want in the city. A few extra options will open up if you have low MH.
  • Talk to customers and pedestrians, they all have 4-5 random dialogues. Some of them give out hints about hidden scenes and solutions.

34 comments:

  1. Same, the address for the download seemed to have been removed.
    At least, that's the message I'm getting.

    Was looking forward to playing this before I dozed off tonight too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did a small fix, reuploaded the file already =]

      Delete
  2. nevermind...you fixed it as I was typing...bollocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for demo, just found 1 little bug. Pills from Shady Merchant not stackable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since they have different effects =]

      Delete
    2. Try buy 2+ same pills. )

      Delete
    3. Thanks for finding the bug. You aren't suppose to buy more the same pill twice! Silly me forgot to change something in the coding after doing major text editing.

      Delete
  4. Was looking forward to this release. A really good start, can't wait for the complete game, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta ask, how many events are there in the demo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are at least 15 different optional scenes in the game at this point. I will release a walkthrough next week when more people get the change to play the game without it ;)

      Delete
  6. Just played through the game for the first time, I like how you are able to keep some of the good stuff of TOTDC while adding ideas of your own. This demo is one hell of a good start, keep it up, especially with those random encounters *wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suh-weet! Although I'll probably save it for the weekend it's really nice to see a demo out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the entire game ready? I mean, plot and things. Or this demo is everything you got planned for now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a general idea for the plot, but they are just a 500 word outline. I will continue to work on the game whenever i have free time, but i can't tell you how long it wil take. Real life stuff always gets in the way :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it sucks. I've been looking forward to your game since you created your topic in LoK, expect this game to be great. I'll even help with donations if you put it available later, haha.

      Delete
  9. Game is really promising so far.
    Demo did feel a bit short but I guess I have yet to see the majority of optional scenes.
    Spelling was fairly good but could take note of the errors I notice, if you wish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a new editor. He is working on polishing and correcting all the text.

      Delete
  10. I really liked the losing the money-game option :-) But I wonder if I missed one of the scenes you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the game, but just have a few questions:

    How do you get more money if you hit 0?

    How far along is the train molester sequence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money...search someone when he is knock out...and there is only one person that has a search option when he is unconscious. If you miss that,you will have to load a save I am afraid. Future releases will have sides quests in town to keep you funded.

      There are 2 different scenes in the train. However, if you break the molester's hand, you won't be see the second scene. There will be 3 scenes in total, but the 3rd one won't be implemented after some story event.

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks a lot for the info, again great game!

      Delete
  12. Great Demo so far! I do like the different dialogue options for roleplaying though I did find it funny that if talk to the police chief about a spanking punishmemt he doesn't even acknowledge it =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a prove of concept really. I guess I better stick with role play by player action instead. If he acknowledges her comments I will need to build a conversation tree for that scene, but RAGS sucks at doing that.

      Delete
  13. Q: Scene in tits and dough after drinking repeatable?

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, this startup is great and shows the game is geared to choices and consequences.

    I was wondering if there is a gameover sequence for having 0 mental health, or even several planned.

    Thank you for your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have 0 mental health won't trigger a gameover. However, having 0 mental health means you have 0 defense against corruption. Therefore, you probably can't finish the game in the normal route.

      Delete
  15. Great game, I'm wondering if their's a way to go all the way with the hobo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i expect the answer to be in the walkthrough ;)

      Delete
    2. Kind of...be mean to him during the main quest, then get drunk in the bar.

      Delete
  16. good game with a huge potential...but what is your first language if it is not too personal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed this, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete