Sunday, June 9, 2013

What...wait...WHAT!? An update!??!?

Contrary to popular believe, Alako didn't die tragically in her college finals. Just one more week of busy work, I will be back to the old days of rolling on my bed for as long as I want! Hooray!!! God forbid I should find a full time job that sucks up all my free time. =P



However, after leaving my little Rags project alone in the corner of my pc for so long, it's hard to get my momentum back. So, I guess, I will start slow and work on the city exploration a bit more before I go ahead work on the main story (which I believe most of you guys won't care much for =P). 

Things that I will (maybe? hopefully......?) includes:

1) More random encounters, mainly small things that make the city feel more alive.
2) Side quests that actually pays! No longer will Adeline need to rely on gambling to make a living! =D
3) Let her fix the VR visor and setup a shop that sells "questionable" programs for the visor. 
4) Rework the combat system, which will make things so much easier for Adeline to beat something up other than zombies. Also, violence is always a solution in Tartarus!
5) Add the area which you can access after you open the gate! (probably nothing in there........)
6) Brainstorming for the events before the event that is planned for that other event.......>_>..........

11 comments:

  1. number 6 seems a difficult one
    by the way...AllenAndArth here

    ReplyDelete
  2. And subway encounters! If we did not deal with those guys on the subway we should soon have so many rationalizations going that we almost dread travelling and maybe also make excuses to take extra trips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The extra stuff I will (probably) add to the city all takes place during the first part of the game. The subway encounter will be resolved in the second part of the game where the story takes place about a week later. I am trying to not spoil anything, but there might be multiple endings to that event. =]

      Delete
    2. I hope the subway event 3 will come soon <_<. It was my favourite event :P.

      Delete
    3. The story will move on to a new area so.....the subway event won't advance till the story returns to Tartarus. Hopefully the new stuff is fun for you guys. =]

      Delete
  3. Nice list so far, it'll be nice to have all of those little touches to the city to make it feel more alive. And good news about the side quests!

    Oh, and I hope your finals are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alako, glad to see you're back in the game. Any chance you will include a blackmail scene? those are totally my favorite. A bit of force strip wouldn't hurt also >.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe...my cowriter is a big fan of blackmail. ;)

      Delete
  5. \o/

    yay!

    *Do I need to add more?*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to see progress (or even promise of progress :P )

    ReplyDelete